Last Login: 6/24/2015 11:16:46 AM
These settings are only for those websites that were created before 7/1/2010.
(that have not upgrade to the VPS servers)
What are the procedures for setting up a website?
- Sign up for the service (http://www.whiteoakbooks.com/WOBSellers/Signup.asp)
- When you signup through these links you are actually signing up for a hosting account on my servers.
- You enter you contact information here.
- You pay for your service here.
- You can setup your email here.
- You can access the Web Traffic statistic packages here.
- If you do not already have a domain name you must purchase one. www.GoDaddy.com is one of the most popular ones. They cost around $8/year.
- When purchasing a domain you should setup your nameservers (this tells the internet where to find your website) Enter:
- If you already have a Domain name you can point it to our servers. Change your nameservers to:
WARNING – If you current get your email through this domain then read this article first: http://mb.wobbooksite.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16
It is not a requirement for your domain to point to your website right away. You can configure your website 1st.
- Fill out the form at the bottom of the webpage you signed up on. (http://www.whiteoakbooks.com/WOBSellers/Signup.asp)
This give us the basic information we need to setup your website. At a minimum we need you SellerID (or link to your storefront) and we need to know if you use AOB or Fillz.
- Once you have paid your account will be created. This will generate several emails to you. They contain account information. Save them off somewhere.
- Once you receive these emails you can setup your email accounts if you wish to.
· If you use AOB you need to setup a custom Venue:
- Go to Settings – Venue Setting on AOB
(The FTP Host is in the email you receive or by signing into your hosting control panel and clicking the ‘FTP Manager’)
- Custom Venue 1 FTP Display Name – Whatever you want to name it.
- Custom Venue 1 FTP Host – ‘Host Name’ in the control panel or email.
- Custom Venue 1 FTP Username – ‘Login’ in the control panel or email.
- Password – The password you created your account with.
- Format – AOB Tab-Delimited
- Custom Venue 3 FTP Directory – YourDomainName/Inventory ( example: whiteoakbooks.com/Inventory )
- Check the ‘Pull Orders’ checkbox.
- Check the ‘Active’ checkbox.
· If you use Fillz you need to setup a custom Venue:
- Go to Settings – Marketplaces on Fillz
- Click the 1st available Custom Configuration and set the following values:
(the following two values can be found in the email you receive or by signing into your hosting control panel and clicking the ‘FTP Manager’)
- FTP Hostname – FTPhost/domain/inventory where FTPhost = ‘Host Name’ in the control panel or email and domain = your domain minus the www. ( example: win31.wobbooksite.com/whiteoakbooks.com/Inventory )
- Your FTP User ID at Custom #1 – ‘Login’ in the control panel or email. The login you created.
- FTP Password – The password you created your account with.
- Order Retrieval Path: – orders ( remove the ../ )
- File format – UIEE
- Do not set any other values
· If you use Amazon to list your inventory and have under 5000 items you do not need to do anything for me to read your inventory.
· If you use Amazon to list your inventory and have over 5000 items you will need to send me an open listings report the 1st time I create your website.
- Once the above steps are done I will verify I can read your information off of Amazon and if you use AOB or Fillz, that I am receiving files from them.
- I will then build your website. Website building almost always happen the evening you signup. If I have problems reading your data or if it is a weekend or if multiple orders come through on the same day then it might take an additional day or two.
- I will keep you informed of my progress during this time.
IMPORTANT – Sometimes the content of the emails you are sent cause email SPAM filters to flag our email as spam emails and the emails do not go through.
Add the following 2 emails to your Email SPAM filter whitelist: Info@WOBBookSites.com and AndyLL@Mho.com
- After I build your website I will send you a link to your website look & feel control panel.
- The 1st time you try to access this link you will be prompted to enter a Login Name/Password.
- You are then free to setup your website. The 1st link on your Website Admin control panel is a checklist listing every item you need to setup before your website goes live.
- I like to let new users try to setup their website themselves. I believe the basic setting up of site is fairly easy. But I am always available to help setup the website. If something is not working let me know.
- After the basic website is configured do not burn yourself out working on the site. Remember this is a long term project.