Last Login: 5/2/2018 12:45:54 AM
These steps are only for those websites that were created after 1/1/2013.
What are the procedures for setting up a website:
- Sign up for the service (http://wobbooksellers.com/Signup.aspx)
- When you signup through these links you are actually signing up for a hosting account on my servers.
- You enter you contact information here.
- You pay for your service here.
- You can setup your email here.
- You can access the Web Traffic statistic packages here.
- If you do not already have a domain name you must purchase one.www.GoDaddy.comis one of the most popular ones.They cost around $15/year. When purchasing a domain you should setup your nameservers (this tells the internet where to find your website)Enter:
- If you already have a Domain name you can point it to our servers. Change your nameservers to:
- WARNING – If you current get your email through this domain then read this article first:http://mb.wobbooksite.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16
- It is not a requirement for your domain to point to your website right away.You can configure your website 1st.
- Once you have paid your account will be created.This will generate several emails to you.They contain account information.Save them off somewhere.
- Once you receive these emails you can setup your email accounts if you wish to.
- If you use AOB you need to setup a custom Venue:
- Go to Settings – Venue Setting on AOB
- (The FTP Host is in the email you receive or by signing into your hosting control panel and clicking the ‘FTP Manager&rsquo
- Custom Venue 1 FTP Display Name– Whatever you want to name it.
- Custom Venue 1 FTP Host– ‘Host Name’in the control panel or email.
- Custom Venue 1 FTP Username– ‘Login’ in the control panel or email.
- Password– The password you created your account with.
- Format– AOB Tab-Delimited
- Custom Venue 3 FTP Directory –YourDomainName/Inventory ( example: whiteoakbooks.com/Inventory )
- Check the ‘Pull Orders’ checkbox.
- Check the ‘Active’ checkbox.
- If you use Fillz you need to setup a custom Venue:
- Go to Settings – Marketplaces on Fillz
- Click the 1stavailable Custom Configuration and set the following values
- (the following two values can be found in the email you receive or by signing into your hosting control panel and clicking the ‘FTP Manager&rsquo
- FTP Hostname– FTPhost/domain/inventory where FTPhost = ‘Host Name’in the control panel or emailand domain = your domain minus the www. ( example: win31.wobbooksite.com/whiteoakbooks.com/Inventory )
- Your FTP User ID at Custom #1– ‘Login’ in the control panel or email.The login you created.
- FTP Password– The password you created your account with.
- Order Retrieval Path:– orders ( remove the ../ )
- File format– UIEE
- Do not set any other values
- If you use another inventory product you will need to manually upload your inventory from the Website Control Panel
- Once the above steps are done I will verify I can read your information off of Amazon and if you use AOB or Fillz, that I am receiving files from them.
- I will then build your website.Website building almost always happen the evening you signup.If I have problems reading your data or if it is a weekend or if multiple orders come through on the same day then it might take an additional day or two.
- I will keep you informed of my progress during this time.
- IMPORTANT –Sometimes the content of the emails you are sent cause email SPAM filters to flag our emailas spam emails and the emails do not go through.
- After I build your website I will send you a link to your website look & feel control panel.
- The 1sttime you try to access this link you will be prompted to enter a Login Name/Password.
- You are then free to setup your website.The 1stlink on your Website Admin control panel is a checklist listing every item you need to setup before your website goes live.
- I like to let new users try to setup their website themselves.I believe the basic setting up of site is fairly easy.But I am always available to help setup the website.If something is not working let me know.
- After the basic website is configured do not burn yourself out working on the site.Remember this is a long term project.